Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ohio State Buckeyes

Not long ago I was sitting at DFW in Dallas waiting for my flight to board. Bad weather had thrown off airline schedules so the wait had been a doozie and people were just plain grouchy. Not a good atmosphere.

That is until an "O-H" rang out from someone. It seemed like the entire crowd responded with the "I-O". What followed was a series of Buckeye cheers and songs. And just like that, four simple letters had transformed the negative vibe among the impatient travelers into a happy one. Whatever it is that causes OSU fans to be so darn crazy over their Buckeyes is powerful stuff.

My work has taken me all across the US and no matter what city I'm in, there are Buckeye fans. One of the best places to see it as a traveler is on a Friday late afternoon/evening flight into Columbus ... during a home game weekend. Among the usual weery business travelers are exuberant fans all garbed out in Ohio State tees, sweatshirts, Buckeye necklaces, and you name it.
OSU fans love to display their Buckeye love, so it wasn't any surprise when a friend asked if I had any OSU tees or onesies for her 3 week old grandchild. Here's the result. If you've got a favorite sports team - high school, college, other - this tee/onezie is easily adapted. Add a comment to this post or email us at lynda@pinkchickadee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment