Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Sweet Rewards




One of the things I love most about creating custom made children's clothing is the happiness a made-just-for-you dress brings a little girl. That beaming face, that twinkling eye, that shining smile. It's a joy I remember from my own childhood.

In fact, not long ago I asked my Mom about the clothes she made for my sister and me when we were kids. Was it to save money? Because she enjoyed it? Because we wanted her to? "Yes," said Mom. "All of that, but mostly it was because you girls loved having something created just for you. Something no one else would have." While I can recall many of those little dresses, it's the joy I felt from wearing them that I remember most.

So recently, when I received this sweet little note written without prompting from sweet little Maddie, age 6, I understood just what she meant. That drawing on the front is her in her new frock.


No comments:

Post a Comment