Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Pony Tee to Match the Pony Skirt






Early in life, my Mom began taking us to the library thereby instilling a life-long love of books. Every Saturday I worked to finish my chores so I could head to the local library and pick up as many books as I could carry in my bicycle basket. Of the many books I read in childhood, Misty of Chincoteague and Stormy: Misty's Foal were standout favorites. Did you love them, too? Published in 1947, it's been adored by many generations of young readers. It came to mind when I saw the pony fabric used in the luxuriously soft brown corduroy twirl skirt http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29387048 and stayed with me as I designed the matching pony tee http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30849090.
This pale pink color was chosen by Chelsea who wants it to match her pink cowgirl boots, but the pony applique looks great on white, ivory, sky blue, and red, too. The tee features a polka dot pony and a fringe mane cut from the same fabric as the inside dot of the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment