Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amy Butler Reversible Dress

Amy Butler fabrics are not only beautiful in design, but are such high quality, too. I love sewing with them. The weight of the fabric is perfect for clothing and they launder beautifully.

Last summer I made myself some skirts from her fabrics and they became ones I wore over and over. No ironing needed (yes!!) and the color was unlike anything else I owned. Amy's known for vintage modern design aesthetic and her unique color combinations.

This sweet reversible dress shows how beautifully fabrics from her collections coordinate without being matchy-matchy. Though I have these fabrics in other dresses I've made, this particular fabric combo was personally selected by a new customer. Check out the cute buttons!

This reversible jumper/dress is great because its two dresses in one. Plus it can be worn alone, with pants, with a short sleeve tee, long sleeves, turtleneck, or layer a sweater over. Beautiful fabric, practical design. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment